Monday, February 23, 2009

Sundance Film Festival

I'm sorry, I'm not used to this whole blog thing yet. And it's shocking how fast time goes by these days, seriously before I know it a whole month is gone and I don't even know what has happened. So I'm just trying to keep up, but I'll get better, I'll try harder with this blog.

I did want to go back and give a little more explanation to the last post, though, before moving forward. The Sundance Film Festival was here in Utah the last couple of weeks of January and I took the opportunity to go to a couple films. Now I'm no expert like some people I know, but I like to venture up to Park City as much as I can as the festival is going on.

The first film I caught with Nate was called "Manure," which is the one that Billy Bob Thornton was in (hence the marriage advice, don't worry I do know that Billy Bob isn't the best source of marriage advice). This one was actually pretty funny and kind of interesting since the whole thing was done in sepia and had some really neat scenery, although by the end I was missing some color.

Another day I made my way up to catch the film "Peter and Vandy." This one was an interesting look at a relationship. It didn't necessarily show the relationship in chr0nological order, but rather jumped around a little more which was a nice twist. I really ended up liking this one because I thought it was really honest in a lot of ways, one that people can relate to more so than a lot of the Hollywood movies about relationships.

I really love the Sundance Film Festival and I hope to be able to do it up right at least once before I'm done here (who knows if I really will ever be done here).

Alright, so now that I've finished up with that one I'll try to move forward from here. It's too hard when I feel like I need to get caught up with everything, it's easier for me to just try to move forward instead. Don't worry, you're really not missing out on anything from the past month, it's been a little slow I guess.

1 comment:

Rachel F. said...

I'm so glad you take advantage of the Sundance experience. Next year you'll have to buy a pass. It's not too expensive and you can see even more movies without having to mess with standby! If you do buy a pass, maybe I'll pop out to UT and join you.