Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Spring Fever

The other day I happened to notice these popping up along our walkway:


Apparently back in the fall our landlord had tulips planted in our front yard and they're starting to show!! I've never really been one to get excited about plants, not like my sisters or anything, but this discovery actually got me quite excited. And now I find myself checking on them daily just to be sure they're still coming along.

I don't know anything about tulips, so I don't know if these are maybe popping up early or if they won't actually survive the days of snow that are bound to appear again, but the sight of them got me very anxious for Spring. Despite the secret love affair I admitted to having with Winter in a previous post, I do love the warmer days of Spring which are just around the corner, waiting to bring with them bike rides, BBQs, tan lines and wonderful sunshine to lazily lounge in with a great book as my companion.

Yes, the Spring Fever is starting to set in for me.

No comments: