Sunday, June 12, 2011

3 Planes and 17 hours later...

I found myself in Amman, Jordan.
I made it safely and really don't remember much of the trip, which suggests that it was completely uneventful and I slept through most of the flights. Of course getting to the airport in DC was hectic and I definitely cut it close, but ultimately I made it with no problems.

I arrived at the airport in Amman to a nice man holding a sign with my name. He proceeded to help me get my visa and luggage then accompanied me to my hotel. I was glad he was there because I'm sure I couldn't have navigated it all by myself, especially in my exhausted state. I'm not afraid of traveling alone and ultimately think I can get myself anywhere in any country, but it would've been a little tough and maybe a little scary here. I realized when I arrived that I didn't even know what the currency of Jordan was and how it translates with US dollars, so I was giving out tips to all those who helped me having no idea how much I was actually giving them. Oh well, hopefully I've got it figured out now.

Tomorrow we tour the city of Amman then head over to Petra where we'll stay for a couple nights. I'm pretty excited. I really haven't focused on or thought about this trip much at all since I left Utah three weeks ago, so now that I'm actually here it's a little crazy, but I'm sure it'll be great. I should get to sleep, hopefully this jet lag doesn't get the better of me and I can actually be awake and functioning tomorrow!

2 comments:

Hillary Varley said...

ecistYAY! We were pleasantly surprised to see you posted and so glad you arrived safe. It sounds like you had a great start to your adventure and we can't wait to read more posts, lots more!

Annee said...

Keep blogging!! We're all watching. I'm so glad you made it safely.